[Wlug] DNS not resolving

Richard Klein rich at richardklein.org
Fri Aug 4 14:55:11 EDT 2017

I hate to admit that I'm using Kali for a daily driver, but it usually
works fine.  Plus, it's based on debian.

Anyway, I created /etc/resolvconf containing:
nameserver 8.8.8.8
and that did the trick.  I have connectivity now.  I still want to
understand the mechanics.  As you can see, the NetworkManager GUI doesn't
agree with /etc/resolvconf, and the file seems to take precedence over the
GUI.
http://imgur.com/a/Rngbf