[Wlug] DNS not resolving

Richard Klein rich at richardklein.org
Thu Aug 3 20:55:20 EDT 2017

I did a dist-upgrade on my computer. Afterward, I got an error related to a
broken link for resolvconf. I read somewhere that the file gets created if
it doesn't exist, so I unlinked and deleted the offending file (I think it
was /etc/resolvconf, but I don't remember).

Now I don't seem to have any DNS. I can still access my routers menu by
typing in the dotted quad, but no alpha URLs. Any ideas?

I entered the Google DNS addresses: 8.8.8.8 & 8.8.8.4 in the network
settings GUI. That looks good, but addresses still aren't resolving.