[Wlug] Block-level remote file sync?

Chris wolcen at riseup.net
Wed Mar 23 20:50:41 EDT 2016

Hi all,

I recall someone giving a lightning talk on this quite a while ago
(Chuck I think, about 2 years ago!).

I was hoping to set up a simple backup solution with my son. He'd
replicate his data to my system, mine to his. Now, the interesting part,
was I think that the replication method someone used was a lazy write to
the backup location with a folder watching process or something. I don't
think I want to set up DRBD for this, but I would like an efficient
backup operation (e.g. would be nice to be able to efficiently backup
written chunks of a file with an EFS system on it).

Might someone remember what I'm talking about, or have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance! Hope you are all well.
--Chris

PS - LibrePlanet was pretty fun :)