[Wlug] list filenames within directory > output to text file?

Brett Russ bruss at alum.wpi.edu
Wed May 9 19:35:54 EDT 2012

I know this issue is solved/dead/buried, but there were a couple

I was told in the past that ls stands for "list sorted", a statement I
can't confirm from the usual internet fact check sites.  In any case,
it is specifically designed to (alphabetically) sort output, no need
to invoke any other sorts.