[Wlug] list filenames within directory > output to text file? SOLVED

E Johnson iris.gates at gmail.com
Tue May 8 19:59:25 EDT 2012

A text file containing 500 names would print on just the left-hand
side of who-knows how many pages. We need this in a word processor
doc, which we can make into columns, then print on only 2 or 3 sheets.
It's just for reference, so we know if we already have this file in
our directory.

Or, I need a command which will print the filenames in several columns
(six, I think, with reasonlable space in between columns) on a series
of landscape-oriented pages. I probably need to define the font. I
think we used 8pt arial last time, which came out on one page. Now we
have 3x as many files in the directory but still need a printout for
reference.

Liz