[Wlug] WLUG demos...

John Stoffel john at stoffel.org
Thu Jan 22 17:16:53 EST 2009

I know I haven't been ot a meeting in a *long* time, but I do hope to
make one this spring if I can.  Right now I'm playing with Arduino
controller boards on my Ubuntu desktop.  Fun blinky LEDs, etc.

http://arduino.cc
http://www.ladyada.com (where I got my parts)
http://www.sparkfun.com
http://www.evilmadscientist.com (lots of neat stuff)

And loads of others in google.  It's pretty neat to play with, and
it's interesting moving from the IDE (which has a sucky editor) to a
more pure Emacs/Makefile driven setup.

I figure maybe I could come and demo this at some point.  Any
interest?  Loosely Linux related, since I'll be using an Ubuntu LiveCD
and thumb drive to setup and demo the environment.

John