[Wlug] Keyboard and mouse repeatedly disconnect/reconnect

Lee Keyser-Allen frozbiz at gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 13:45:43 EDT 2009

It's happened across office moves (in the same building), so I'm less
inclined to believe that it's the location of the receiver specifically.
Since my company creates wireless devices, we've just got a ton of
interference all the time (I'd estimate that at any given point in time we
have around 100 APs talking in a 100 yard radius. I've got four in my
office, not to mention the four stations).

Also it's fine most of the time ... when I replace the batteries, it chooses
a new channel often, and is borked until I get it to move to a clear
channel, and then it works fine for another month or two until the batteries
die.

Funny enough ... the keyboard just works ... I've not changed the batteries
in two years, and never had interference problems ... hooray for super
low-bandwidth applications :)

Cheers,

Lee

On Tue, Apr 28, 2009 at 1:31 PM, Richard Klein <richspk at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 28, 2009 at 1:19 PM, Lee Keyser-Allen <frozbiz at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > FWIW, I don't believe that this (bizzare mouse behavior) is a Linux
> issue.
> >
> > I have a wireless logitech keyboard/mouse at work hooked up to a thinkpad
> > running XP, and find that sometimes the mouse goes haywire. It seems to
> be
> > due to wireless interference (there's a crapload of that in my office).
>
> Have you tried relocating the receiver?
>
> --
> Rich
> Sent from Framingham, Massachusetts, United States

Lee Keyser-Allen
(lkeyser at alum.wpi.edu)