[Wlug] Keyboard and mouse repeatedly disconnect/reconnect

E Johnson iris.gates at gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 14:32:24 EDT 2009

My original question had to do with USB disconnects/reconnects. I have
this "issue" with wired mouse and wired keyboard.

Sometimes, after repeated messages all the same (many per minute over
hours), this appears to cause the keyboard and/or mouse to lock up,
not accepting input. At that point the PC requires reboot.

Same messages in /var/log/messages using:

-- different types (brands) of  wired mouse and/or  wired keyboard,

-- different distros of Linux (various Ubuntu, various Debian),

-- different kernels,

-- four different PCs with 3 different mobos, each with their own set
of peripherals.

Had this problem going on two years now.

Liz J