[Wlug] Convert Quickbooks to GnuCash

John Stoffel john at stoffel.org
Mon Dec 8 16:55:39 EST 2008

Eric> I regularly import qib's into gnucash, but they're from my bank.
Eric> Have you tried to make a copy of the data and just do a straight
Eric> import?

Has anyone had success in having Gnucash talk directly to the Bank
and/or Credit Card company to pull down information, and (ideally)
push transactions to the bank?

I'm getting sick in tired of my banks web interface, mostly because
it's such a damn manual process to actually pull down the transactions
in QIF format.

I'm thinking of moving from BoA to DCU completely, if I can make it
work.  Or to another bank (within reason) to make my life simpler.
Another goal is to be able to download my Credit Card statements
automatically each time I fire up GnuCash so I can track those
expenses better.

John