[Wlug] How to stop screen blanking while watching movie?

Richard Klein richspk at gmail.com
Mon Oct 22 06:52:13 EDT 2007

Windows XP and OS X are both smart enough to not blank the screen or
invoke the screensaver when I'm watching a movie.  My P4m-based laptop
(Dell Inspiron 8200) running debian etch blanks the screen after 15
minutes, even if I disable the screensaver and all power saving
options.  I don't watch movies on it that often, so I resigned myself
to hitting the CTRL key every so often when I do.  I installed Ubuntu
Guilty Gibson on my Opteron-based desktop (Asus A8V Deluxe
motherboard) yesterday and found it does exactly the same thing.

Do you have any ideas how I can get them to stop blanking the screen,
at least while I'm watching movies?

--
Thanks!
Rich