[Wlug] SOHO LAN & Multiuser Desktops

Bob George mailings02 at ttlexceeded.com
Mon May 2 10:21:12 EDT 2005

I'm successfully using NIS+NFS for a small SOHO LAN serving 4 desktops,
a server and printer, plus associated networking. I'm wondering, though,
if there's an easier approach to configuring a "Windows replacement"
multi-user setup. I do have printing, file sharing and "roaming
profiles" working fine, but it's a bit cumbersome so far. Is anyone
working with an approach that might be simpler... particularly one well
integrated into an existing desktop distribution?

- Bob