[Wlug] Printing Photos - cropping in gimp 2.0

Robert L Krawitz rlk at alum.mit.edu
Thu Sep 30 09:36:36 EDT 2004

   Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 23:45:18 -0400
   From: "John Stoffel" <stoffel at lucent.com>

   Andy> I believe that the gimp-print plugin will do what you want.  It
   Andy> should be accessible via the File...Print menu from Gimp.  It
   Andy> shows a rather rough thumbnail image within boarders to give you
   Andy> a feel for where the image will be printed.

   I've been using this and I think it sucks.  Mostly because the
   images are considered to be at a maximum scale when you goto the
   plugin, which makes it hard to scale up or down to crop it nicely.
   But I have to say, I'm still very happy it is there, since it's let
   me print some nice pictures on my Epson printer.

The basic problem here is that the Print plugin isn't designed to crop
at all.  That's what we need to do with it.

Member of the League for Programming Freedom -- mail lpf at uunet.uu.net

--Eric Crampton