[Wlug] Printing Photos - cropping in gimp 2.0

Chuck Homic chuck at vvisions.com
Thu Sep 30 01:38:05 EDT 2004

On Wed, Sep 29, 2004 at 11:47:40PM -0400, John Stoffel wrote:
> >From what I've seen on the tool, it really just needs to have some way
> of taking the image that's sent to it and scaling it up higher than
> 100% of original size.

Have you ever used one of those Kodak/Fuji Photo Maker dealies in WalMart?
That's totally what I want.

Basically the tool locks the aspect ratio to what can be photo printed.
(Either 3:2, 7:5, or 5:4 are the most common, for 4x6, 7x5, or 8x10
prints.)  You can rotate and scale the printed region, but the aspect
ratio stays locked, so that no matter what you do, you don't get any
letterboxing on your printed photo.

I don't know if that's what y'all were talking about, but that's what I
need more than anything.

 -Chuck