[Wlug] Proxy closes connection

Michael Long mlong at datalong.com
Wed Sep 29 13:10:31 EDT 2004

Hi All,

I am using openssh on cygwin along with ssh-tunnel (a pearl script that uses IO and
IO::Select) to tunnel through a firewall in order to gain access to my desktop at
home. I have noticed that recently the behavior has changed and my connection is
broken after 3 seconds of inactivity. How do I, a) find out what is causing the
connection to be broken and/or b) keep the connection alive. As long as I am
actively feeding commands at the shell prompt the connection stays alive.

Tia,
Mike