[Wlug] For discussion: A Worthy LUG project? (was gmail invit es)

Keller, Tim Tim.Keller at stratus.com
Fri Sep 17 12:11:46 EDT 2004

I don't see where hosting would much of a problem at all.  The trick is to
charge for it.  WLUG members who wanted an account on the box would each pay
in a couple bucks a month and that money would be used to pay to host the
box.  If somebody had a decent speakeasy type (allows servers, has decent
bandwidth) account, that money could be used to pay the electric bill for
the box(s), add capacity, etc.  Then you host an webpage,distro
respository,irc channel, etc. off of it.

Tim.