[Wlug] For discussion: A Worthy LUG project? (was gmail invit es)

Jeff Moyer jmoyer at redhat.com
Fri Sep 17 11:19:38 EDT 2004

==> Regarding Re: [Wlug] For discussion: A Worthy LUG project? (was gmail invit es); Chuck Haines <chaines at gmail.com> adds:

chaines> I'd definitely be interested, but I agree, hosting would be the
chaines> big issue.  Chuck

I don't see hosting as the big issue.  You can get a lot of the development
done without any hosting at all.  Once the software infrastructure is in
place, I'm sure people (such as myself) would be happy to donate systems.

Show me the prototype, and I'll arrange for a machine to host the beta.  If
anyone cared to donate a second machine, I could even setup a failover
cluster for you.

So, who's taking the first crack at the design goals?

-Jeff

chaines> On Fri, 17 Sep 2004 09:03:27 -0400, Martin, Eric
chaines> <martine at worc.k12.ma.us> wrote:
>> I like the idea, could be fun!  However, I think hosting would be the
>> biggest hump...

From> Bob George [mailto:mailings02 at ttlexceeded.com]
Sent> Thursday, September 16, 2004 4:55 PM
To> Worcester Linux Users Group
Subject> [Wlug] For discussion: A Worthy LUG project? (was gmail invites)

chaines> -- Chuck Haines chaines at gmail.com
chaines> Fraternity WPI Class of 2005