[Wlug] Re: Wlug Digest, Vol 11, Issue 11

Ryan Caron rcaron at WPI.EDU
Fri Sep 10 15:23:19 EDT 2004

I have a laptop that I want to do a Gentoo install on.  We could use that
for showing a stage3 "fast" install and switch to Mike's small form factor
for post-install.  I also have a small form factor PC I could bring in
that has Gentoo on it if necessary.

I think discussing what makes Gentoo unique, its pros and cons, will be
great.  If we're going to discuss why distro is better (or worse) than
other than I say Debian.  I say this because the "pretty" distros (SuSe,
Mandrake, Fedora) are too different for a fair comparison.  I also say
this because I switched to Gentoo after trying a little bit of Debian.

Sincerely,
Ryan Caron