[Wlug] Linux Photo Printer recommendations

Robert L Krawitz rlk at alum.mit.edu
Tue Sep 7 20:12:38 EDT 2004

   Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2004 15:24:33 -0400
   From: "John Stoffel" <stoffel at lucent.com>

   Robert> The only one that's cheaper is the R800, but that's currently
   Robert> marginally supported at best.  In particular, it only operates
   Robert> in CMYK mode right now, and it's going to take me a while to
   Robert> get the red and blue inks (and gloss optimizer) working
   Robert> correctly.

   So it really sounds like the R200 or the R300(M) might be a better
   choice for me, since I don't want to spend a ton of money here.  I
   know I'll be spending it on the paper/ink no matter what.   Or an 960
   might still be an ok choice?

Unless you really need the Ultrachrome inks, I'd go with the R200 or
R300.  They're cheaper than the 960 and better tuned.

Member of the League for Programming Freedom -- mail lpf at uunet.uu.net

--Eric Crampton