[Wlug] vendor recommendation

Gary Hanley gary at hanley.net
Sun Sep 5 09:42:20 EDT 2004

On Sun, 5 Sep 2004, Karl Hiramoto wrote:
> http://www.pcsforeveryone.com/  in cambridge will install various Linux
> distros. I just bought a machine last week for work there.

Short of building your own, I would recommend these guys also. I haven't
bought one there myself but I know people who have and were happy.

Of course, I would recommend almost anyone but Dell. :-)

Why not Dell?

Because Dell doesn't do AMD and AMD64 is ruling the price/performance
ratios at all levels against Intel right now and for the foreseeable
future.

Plus, they are an underdog...and we like underdogs!

-- Gary