[Wlug] memtest hangs

John Ferreira ferrerera1 at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 4 19:17:51 EDT 2004

I recently ran into something like this.  Exactly the same symptoms.  Intel
motherboard with pc2100.  Ended up being the motherboard itself.  I kept
hanging on the same test, between 2% and 8% completion.  The test did run to
100% if I ESC out before the first test runs, and manually select that test to
run by itself.  Might be worth a try.  I also tested the memory and processor
in a second motherboard, and they checked out ok.  Same processor and memory
are running fine in the new motherboard.  Good Luck.