[Wlug] printers

Son Nguyen snguyen at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 3 14:21:45 EDT 2004

Don,

I would recommend not using LPRng.  It is too old.   I understand that CUPS
seems difficult, but once you understand it, it is the next best thing.  In
my office, I have setup my kickstart to install 300+ printers on all of my
Redhat Linux V3 Workstation machines (100+).  You can configure it via
console, applet, or even web.  Fedora and Redhat has gone that route and I
believe that others have too.  It is much better than LPRng can every be.

Sonny