[Wlug] Sony floppy disk memory stick adapter

Keller, Tim Tim.Keller@stratus.com
Thu, 13 Feb 2003 16:12:24 -0500

I'd suspect that because the thing came with windows drivers that it looks
close enough to an MSDOS filesystem that windows won't scream so much, but
when it comes to actually interacting with the filesystem/toc on the device
it's nothing like that at all...

Can you fdisk the device and format it?

Tim.

-----Original Message-----
From: Andy Stewart [mailto:andystewart@attbi.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 12, 2003 22:40 PM
To: Worcester Linux Users' Group
Subject: [Wlug] Sony floppy disk memory stick adapter

Hi everybody,

My brother-in-law just obtained a Sony floppy disk memory stick adapter
(MSAC-FD2MA).  You put a memory stick into this "thing" which then plugs
into
the floppy drive.

He put it into the floppy drive and it mounted OK, but 'df' thinks the
device
is full when indeed its empty.  There was a Windows driver supplied with it
also.  Attempts to copy files to it while mounted failed with errors
indicative of no remaining space.

Does anybody know anything about this little toy?  I can't find anything on
the net, but I'll keep looking.  It doesn't seem like it would be that hard
to figure out and make work with Linux, if one were so inclined.

Thanks!

Andy

--
Andy Stewart, Founder