[Wlug] Blanking screen blanking @#$!

Marc Hughes mhughes@wpidalamar.com
Mon, 3 Feb 2003 10:01:04 -0500

I thought that the VT blanking was separate from the X blanking.  Any
chance you're running X in frame buffer mode?  Maybe then the VT
blanking matters?  Just a shot in the dark.

-----Original Message-----
From: wlug-admin@mail.wlug.org [mailto:wlug-admin@mail.wlug.org] On
Behalf Of Chuck Homic
Sent: Monday, February 03, 2003 9:49 AM
To: wlug@mail.wlug.org
Subject: Re: [Wlug] Blanking screen blanking @#$!

On Sun, Feb 02, 2003 at 02:56:54PM -0500, Andy Stewart wrote:
> > Turning off the #!$@ screen saver!
>
> Are you running KDE, GNOME, or something else?  In KDE, you turn off
> the
> screen saver in the control center.  Others?  I don't know.

The answer would fall squarely on "something else."  Currently it's
afterstep, but I don't think the WM is a factor because it happens when
I'm using no WM at all (Hardcore X) or at the VT or anything.  I was
grepping some kernel sources which led me to the setterm hypothesis, but
I'm still nowhere.

 -Chuck