[Wlug] gentoo

Marc Hughes mhughes@wpidalamar.com
Tue, 15 Apr 2003 14:18:13 -0400 (EDT)

What's people's experience with gentoo?  I'm thinking of upgrading one of
my boxes to it in the near future.  This is a box I really mess around
with, so how bleeding edge can I get?  Is it easy to keep some packages at
stable releases, and some at unstable, or is it more of an all or nothing
thing?  I guess what I want is, a way of trying the newest stuff, but an
easy way of going back to stable when I'm horrified with how buggy the
newest stuff is.

Also... for the stable releases... how secure has the distro been as a
whole?

Comments, horror stories, massive praise?

-Marc