[Wlug] Ipaq Help

brad maitre@ccs.neu.edu
Sun, 8 Dec 2002 01:23:50 -0500

On Friday 06 December 2002 10:25 pm, Wes Allen wrote:
> Hi all,
> 	I realized that I missed the installfest  the other month (family was
> sick, as I recall); so I missed a generous offer to convert my iPAQ to
> linux.
It's still possible.

> 	Frankly, I'm tired of not being able to sync contacts and calendar with my
> laptop, and I'd like to have and ogg player in my hands as well.  I'm going
> to try pool enough money to get an older Zaurus after Christmas, but in
> case I can't I'm going to convert my iPAQ.  The install doesn't look that
> hard...but the documentation leaves a lot to be desired.  Can anyone put
> together an "idiot's guide to converting your ipaq to linux," complete with
> how to stop the install of X and install qtopia instead?  I'd be greatful,
> and I'm sure that handhelds.org would love the user-friendly documentation
> as well.
Short answer.
The documentation on handhelds.org is pretty good.

If you can make it to any future meetings, i will be able to go through the
process with you, as long as i have the proper tools.

The process doesn't take long.

> 	Thanks.  I'm moving out of this area sometime early next year, I'm sure
> going to miss this list (and the lure of meetings I never seem to get to).

Perhaps you can make it to one meetings before you leave to convert your ipaq.

-brad