[Wlug] Ipaq Help

Wes Allen wallen@charter.net
Fri, 6 Dec 2002 22:25:40 -0500

Hi all,
	I realized that I missed the installfest  the other month (family was sick,
as I recall); so I missed a generous offer to convert my iPAQ to linux.

	Frankly, I'm tired of not being able to sync contacts and calendar with my
laptop, and I'd like to have and ogg player in my hands as well.  I'm going
to try pool enough money to get an older Zaurus after Christmas, but in case
I can't I'm going to convert my iPAQ.  The install doesn't look that
hard...but the documentation leaves a lot to be desired.  Can anyone put
together an "idiot's guide to converting your ipaq to linux," complete with
how to stop the install of X and install qtopia instead?  I'd be greatful,
and I'm sure that handhelds.org would love the user-friendly documentation as
well.

	Thanks.  I'm moving out of this area sometime early next year, I'm sure going
to miss this list (and the lure of meetings I never seem to get to).

Wes