[Wlug] fetchmail/sendmail problem... HELP

Marc Hughes mhughes@wpidalamar.com
Fri, 6 Dec 2002 12:25:25 -0500

I've seen weird things like this when the server can't get a good
reverse DNS lookup (or sometimes a good forward lookup).  Try adding an
entry for your client into your server's /etc/hosts file ... It's fixed
similar things for me.

-Marc

-----Original Message-----
From: wlug-admin@mail.wlug.org [mailto:wlug-admin@mail.wlug.org] On
Behalf Of Bill Mills-Curran
Sent: Friday, December 06, 2002 11:26 AM
To: Worcester Linux Users Group
Subject: Re: [Wlug] fetchmail/sendmail problem... HELP

On Fri, 6 Dec 2002, Bill Mills-Curran wrote:

> Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2002 11:09:52 -0500 (EST)
> From: Bill Mills-Curran <Mills-Curran_Bill@emc.com>
> To: Worcester Linux Users Group <wlug@wlug.org>
> Subject: [Wlug] fetchmail/sendmail problem...  HELP
>
> I REALLY need some help.  I've included a lot of diagnostic stuff in
> this email to help the troubleshooting process.  Please help.
<snip>

Ok,  I got it to work, but only by extending the timeout parameter in my
.fetchmailrc file from 30 seconds to 120 seconds.  This brings up an
intermittent problem I have with slow responses to connections. Some
connections are slow, exceeding the timeout of 30 seconds.  So, I would
guess that this is the root cause.

Slow response to this: ssh localhost

Good response to this: ssh 192.168.1.12

TIA,