[Wlug] Let's make WLUG meetings better!

Charles R. Anderson cra@WPI.EDU
Fri, 6 Dec 2002 12:19:50 -0500

On Fri, Dec 06, 2002 at 11:25:26AM +0500, Bill Smith wrote:
wsmith> want to know whether or not it's a Good Thing to have Lokkit doing what
wsmith> it does.  (for example, is it sufficient as a starting point, or should
wsmith> I remove it and define my own rules?)

No, lokkit does a good job at setting up firewall rules for
most users' basic needs.  The thing you need to remember with
the redhat-config-securitylevel utility, is that every time you go
into it, it defaults to the High setting, and does NOT show
you what the current setting is.  People are confused by this
all the time, since they think that after changing it to Medium
or Low, it should stay on that setting the next time they open
the control panel.  It doesn't work that way.

--
Charles R. Anderson <cra@wpi.edu> / http://angus.ind.wpi.edu/~cra/
PGP Key ID: 49BB5886