[Wlug] Linux on a Dell laptop dual-boot W2K

Simoncini, Matthew simoncim@bsci.com
Thu, 31 May 2001 15:23:29 -0400

Hey all,

I was wondering if anyone has had any "good" experiences installing Linux
and W2K on the same machine? I currently have the following hardware setup:

Dell Inspiron 8000 Laptop
Pentium III 700mhz w/256MB RAM
Toshiba DVD-ROM
Integrated Actiontec 10/100MB NIC \ 56K Modem
Intel® 815e AGPSet Chipset with 4X AGP
10GB HD - currently 1 partition NTFS file system

My thoughts were to install Caldera e-Desktop 2.4 which I have had some
success with. What I'm not sure about is re-partitioning the HD to
accommodate 2 Operating Systems. Caldera comes with a slim version of
Partition Magic, but I haven't had the opportunity to use it on NTFS, so
that is where any suggestions would help.

Thanks for the time.

Matthew