[Wlug] Re: Wlug digest, Vol 1 #64 - 2 msgs

Jim Stith stith2@earthlink.net
Sun, 20 May 2001 13:20:35 -0400

compaq deskpro - the sequel;

i have a viewsonic e771 monitor connected to the deskpro.  i checked
viewsonic's specs and found horizontal range 30-70khz
                            vertical   range 50-120hz

both are what rh 70 installs and it does find the 771 although it is
called e771-2 by rh.

video card is a matrox mellinnium g200(generic) which is correct. i am
using 16 bit 800x600.

the pop sound is more like the monitor shutting off than any sort of
safety device.

the reason i want to install graphics is that i want to use webmin for
configuration of samba apache etc. i am assuming that graphics has to be
installed to use webmin.

any other suggestions based on the info. above would be appreciated.

thanks

jim s.