[Wlug] Upcoming meetings - topic proposals

Bob Brown brown@ma.ultranet.com
Mon, 7 May 2001 09:57:13 -0400

Andy,

I would also enjoy some additional discussion on firewalls.

Here are my suggestions for additional topics;

1) ipchains and dial out PPP.  Setting up a fire wall for
   dialing into your favorite ISP.
2) ELF Files.  How to read and map an ELF file. How
   to extract and use symbols.
3) Reading Linux crash dumps.  Starting point and what to
   look for.  Absolute locations in the dump.  Interesting
   Linux data structures.
4) Writing a basic Linux driver.
5) Embedded Linux - There appears to be significantly more
   "Embedded Linux" job opportunities than "Linux"
   opportunities. How are they different?  How do you move
   from Linux to embedded Linux?
6) Creating the ultimate ".emacs" file. Simple and useful

Thanks,
Bob