[Wlug] Connecting USB device

Frank Sweetser fs@WPI.EDU
Sat, 23 Jun 2001 10:43:35 -0400

On Sat, Jun 23, 2001 at 12:44:40AM -0400, Michael Long wrote:
> I am running SuSE 7.0 and would like to use the USB version of SanDisk
> ImageMate for transfering pictures from my digital camera. When I try to
> mount the device I get the following:
>
> mount usbdevfs
> mount: usbdevfs already mounted or /proc/bus/usb busy
> mount: according to mtab, usbdevfs is already mounted on /proc/bus/usb

usbdevfs is not what you want - as the error message says, it's already
mounted.  You can see for yourself by looking in /proc/bus/usb/ .  What
you need to do is find the device that your sandisk is associated with,
and mount that.  Note that you'll need to give a full mount command, as
it's highly unlikely that there will already be an entry in fstab for it.

--
Frank Sweetser fs at wpi.edu, fs at suave.net        | $ x 15
Full-time WPI Network Tech, Part time Linux/Perl guy |