[Wlug] GNU utils on Solaris 8

Brian J. Conway dogbert@clue4all.net
Fri, 15 Jun 2001 00:24:29 -0400

Greetings.  I'm once again picking up a project that I left off on now that Sun's site has updated the downloadble ISOs for Solaris 8 Intel to the 04/01 version.  In the past I've gotten a decently customized install and had GCC and some other essentials loaded, but I can never seem to hunt down all the GNU utilities that I need.  The one that comes to mind off the top of my head is 'ar', which is part of binutils, and I can't compile binutils as it needs 'ar'.  I've scoured www.sunfreeware.com to no avail (though there is some great stuff on there that I always snag), nor is there a version on my system already.  Any ideas?

Brian J. Conway
dogbert@clue4all.net
Geek for hire: http://clue4all.net/resume

Power Mac G4 Cube.  Some of us are getting laid tonight.
(http://www.pvponline.com/archive.php3?archive=20010509)