[Wlug] dual PII/PIII motherboard of questionable origin up for grabs

Brian J. Conway dogbert@clue4all.net
Mon, 4 Jun 2001 15:28:32 -0400 (EDT)

The WPI Linux Association received a donation of a SuperMicro SUPER P6DBE
dual PII/PIII 440BX motherboard
(http://www.supermicro.com/PRODUCT/MotherBoards/440BX/p6dbe.htm).  The
original owner upgraded because it was flaky and thought the parallel port
was bad, but upon buying a new motherboard found that it was his
fubared sound card causing flakiness, so I'm under the assumption that
this motherboard should be good or at least workable, but of course there
are NO GUARANTEES.  As we currently have no use for it and I'd hate to see
it go to waste, get back to me if you'd like it, but please only do so if
you'll put it to good use, I'd hate to see something like this go to
waste.  I'll bring it to the next WLUG meeting to hand off.

Brian J. Conway
dogbert@clue4all.net
Geek for hire: http://clue4all.net/resume

Power Mac G4 Cube.  Some of us are getting laid tonight.
(http://www.pvponline.com/archive.php3?archive=20010509)

P.S. I'm also told the screen at POST looks a little garbled, but that's
due to the latest BIOS update and performance should be unaffected.